Happy Friday! Instead of doing a standard post, I decided to do a “Five Things Friday” for fun. Enjoy the weekend!
Five Things to Eat:
- Healthy Chicken Pho Soup: Mmmmm, a warm bowl of soup on cold winter days can cure most anything.
2. Crockpot Sweet Potatoes: Can never get enough sweet potatoes!
- Double Chocolate Dipped Peanut Butter Stuffed Pretzels: Is a more perfect combination than chocolate, peanut better, and pretzels?
- Seared Market Fish with Blistered Grape Tomatoes & Herbs: There are so many different ways to prepare seafood, but the right seasonings make all the difference.
- Smoothies: Because even though it’s cold, I will gladly drink an icy smoothie from underneath five layers of blankets.
Five Quotes to Live By:
Much needed recovery reminder….
Don’t shrink. Eating disorders make us feel like we need to disappear. Instead, it’s time to GROW!
5 Things to Ponder Over:
1. What NOT to Say This Holiday Season via Better With Sprinkles
Recovery during the holiday season can be difficult, especially when we comment on someone’s food choices or weight. Catch up with your family and friends, but be careful about what you say.
2. The Platinum Rule via Snack Therapy
You might treat others with love and respect, but are you doing the same for yourself?
3. Everything I Thought About Recovery is a Lie via In My Skinny Genes
Recovery isn’t about food, fitness, or your body. It’s about discovering your identity.
4. 10 Ways Introverts Interact Differently with the World via HuffPost
Being an introvert isn’t a bad thing. It’s just who you are. Embrace your strengths!
5. Holiday Eating, Hold the Guilt via Gabby’s Gluten-Free
Enjoy the holidays, and don’t allow food to make you feel guilty. Eat normally and leave room for those special treats. Celebrate the togetherness of the season, instead of stressing out.
Fuel for Freedom: What are you up to this week? What have you been eating, doing, reading, etc.? Anything you’re looking forward to this holiday season?